As with any other file type, the process of downloading documents to your iPhone and iPad has become much easier. You can download files in a variety of formats, such as PDF documents, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, .zip, .txt, .mp3, .M4a, .wav, .mov and so on. The downloaded file will appear in the Downloads directory of the File application.
- Go to the appropriate web resource (site) in your Safari browser.
- Click and hold a link to the document file you want to download to work on your iPhone or iPad.
- From the pop-up menu that opens, touch Download file by link.
- Touch the download icon on the Safari tab to view and open the downloaded document in the Files application.
Fortunately, iOS currently supports virtually all major document formats, including Doc, Docx, PPTX, PDF, and others. If you want to download and save documents received via WhatsApp, Telegram, and Viber, follow these steps. The screenshots below show an example of downloading a document to your iPhone from the WhatsApp application.
- Download the document file you received from the messenger.
- Open the file from the chat window.
- Click the Share icon in the upper right corner.
- Select “Save to Files”.
- Select the required directory and click “Save”.
Similarly, you can easily save documents from different applications to your iPhone’s file system.